Tuesday 25 March 2014

MAC Haul

I tend to play it safe with my makeup choices most of the time - a sheeny brown shadow, a bronzey highlighter and contour combo on the cheeks complete with a nude lip. Well I've shaken things up a bit with these new additions from MAC.

 L-R: Gingerly Blush, Trax Eyeshadow and Cherry Lipliner

Gingerly is probably the most flattering blush I've ever tried, this peachy brown colour is warm enough to lift the complexion whilst looking completely natural on darker skintones. After dismissing shimmery blushes, I will be looking into more of the sheertone formulas as they are surprisingly easy to wear compared to more matte powders.

Trax is my consolation prize for not getting the Naked 3 palette. The golden shimmer in the purple/pink shadow gives it a rose-gold quality which adds complexity to those rusty brown eyeshadows I like to wear. I plan to wear this as a smoky eye with Satin Taupe on the lids and Trax in the crease to warm it up a bit.


Last but not least, Cherry lipliner is a firm favourite amongst beauty aficionados, but I do tend to be quite tentative with red lipstick -  using a pencil is probably the best way to ease myself into it. Also - true fact - one application managed to last through a greasy burger and a long shopping trip with only one touch up. This seems to be more flattering on me than Ruby Woo, so for me, this was money well spent! Now, when will I choose to bring out my inner Marilyn next?     

No comments:

Post a Comment