Friday 7 March 2014

Hair Talk #2

This is a slight overview of things I have been trying recently. I bit the bullet yesterday and got my hair relaxed at the hairdressers after putting it off for 7 months. Usually, this is a big no-no, as the different textures (straight and afro) can cause the hair to break if not cared for properly. I was complemented on the condition of my hair, considering that having 4 months regrowth can be risky, let alone 7! I tend to use hair oils a lot, as shown by this post, but here are some new additions that I think have made a difference.


Ojon Rare Blend Protecting Treatment - £23 here 

After being seriously impressed by the Damage Repair range, I have been buying things direct form Ojon and this full size beauty was a gift with purchase. As my hair got more unruly, this with my Tangleteezer became a match made in heaven. It acts as a detangler and heat protector in one, with 7 rare oils acting to prevent hair breakage and damage from styling. For me, it was an excellent leave-in conditioner as it wasn't too heavy on the hair, but made styling a breeze due to the extra slip . The dual phase can be seen as a bit gimmicky in other rare blend products, but here it is executed perfectly. I still haven't decided if I'd pay full price for this, but it has made hair washing days much more bearable for me.



Philip Kingsley Elasticiser - from £15 here     

I really wasn't expecting this to do anything for my extremely coarse roots, but this is a dream to use as a pre-shampoo treatment and has displaced the Ojon Restorative Hair Treatment - a firm favourite. Left in my hair for 15 minutes this leaves my hair super shiny and much easier to manage. I have experienced less breakage in my hair during my 7 month stretch, and this is probably the reason why - immediately after washing there are fewer tangles and my hair feels a lot smoother. I am also trialling some Philip Kingsley shampoo, but the Elasticiser has now become a permanent step in my routine.    

Are there any hair essentials that you swear by? 

No comments:

Post a Comment