Sunday 25 November 2012

TK Maxx Bargains

This is a well overdue post! Most of these purchases have been made in the months of October and November, but some items will require a fair bit of rummaging through all sorts of faff. My favourite branches are at High St Kensington and the quieter suburban ones as they are less likely to be completely ransacked through.

Strivectin SD Range


As mentioned previously, I have started developing fine lines under my eyes and had heard many fine things about the Strivectin range, including the £49 price tag. Fear not, there's another way....



Yup, you read right. £18 for a set containing the Strivectin SD Instant Retexturising Scrub, Eye Concentrate for Wrinkles and Intensive Concentrate for Stretchmarks and Wrinkles. On the packaging, it claims to be an 8 week supply but frankly, this could stretch for a lot longer than just 2 months! I am waiting to finish some other skincare tidbits before I pounce on these goodies, but I am tempted to break into the Intensive Concentrate to try and help fade my stretchmarks. I have also seen sets with an antiaging serum for £24, and have heard of others finding the full size Eye Concentrate on the shelves. If you see it in your local TK Maxx, grab it while you can as this set only holds 7ml if you're in it just for the eye cream.  

TIGI Catwalk

I am known to be a bit picky when it comes to hair products. My hair is very dry and brittle, yet very thick, so most moisturising shampoos won't cut it. Some products catered to afro hair have caused problems in the past in terms of leaving residue behind or just not leaving my hair nourished enough. TIGI is a salon quality brand and I never paid much attention until I saw the reviews for the Oatmeal and Honey Conditioner. Unfortunately, this seems to be discontinued, so either online sites or TK Maxx is the way to go.




The tagline "Comfort Food For Damaged Hair" rings true as the formula is really moisturising without weighing the hair down or leaving any residue behind. Pictured above are the smaller bottles for the shampoo and conditioner. In my opinion, £7.99 and £5.99 respectively for a salon brand ain't too shabby. The massive 750ml bottles are usually £11 and last an age, so this is another moneysaving option. Instore, there were many ranges available such as the Bedhead, Foxy Curls and a few SLS free options.

Nails Inc.    

Often I come across nail polish sets but some may leave you feeling cheated , such as Essie's packaged sets of the same polish, or OPI polishes that your poor nana wouldn't be caught dead in. But the offerings from Nails Inc. have been consistently good and TK Maxx is mostly responsible for me owning 10 polishes from there. Individually, the starting price for polishes are usually £10, but I get sets of 3 for £11.99. Yes, most of the time I won't really need a new nail polish, but with prices like these it's hard not to justify it!

L-R: Hampstead Heath, Old Bond Street, Paddington 
Hampstead Heath is a classic pillar-box red, Old Bond Street is a striking bronze with microglitter, whereas Paddington is a dull grey and has wheedled into my rotation this A/W season. As a set the colours are so versatile and I honestly think if any girl woke up to this on Christmas morning, they woud not be disappointed.

L-R: Montpelier Square, Edinburgh Gate, Clifford Street
 Montpelier Square is a metallic silver, Edinburgh Gate is a chunky glitter polish with green red and silver particles, and Clifford Street is a dark purple shade with a mixture of purple and grey microglitter. I have already raved about Edinburgh Gate on here, but Montpelier Square makes an equally loud statement. You'll see swatches of these when I do my Nails inc Collection, which is otherwise comprised of magazine freebies and the odd department store purchase.

The ones that got away

I didn't buy these but other sets I have laid eyes on are from Vera Wang, Lierac and This Works (coincidentally the one Lisa Eldridge mentioned in her gift ideas video.. only it was £15)

I hope this has been somewhat helpful, take care for now xx

No comments:

Post a Comment