Friday 30 November 2012

In Sickness and In Health


I have been a bit all over the place this month, mostly because I've been ill throughout most of November and it's hard to talk confidently about beauty when you look like shit. So these are the wonder products that have helped to make me look human on the rare occasions when I'd leave the house. The packaging is dented and slightly grubby in these photos, but on the bright side at least you know that they are well loved.

Weleda Skin Food - £7

Okay, the one pictured is the 30ml and the one I've linked to is twice the size, but I have no doubt you'd find a use for this during the winter months. This is like a thick salve as it helps to sooth any dry areas and cracked shin, such as elbows and knees. This may be a bit gross, but I tend to get really noticeable black marks on my nose where I've been wiping away, to the extent that someone asked me if i had intentionally burned it! This has come to the rescue as my skin just drinks it up. It doesn't have the oily residue left by other moisturisers, as Weleda is a natural brand and I will be looking to buy more from them in the future. Using this near the beginning of the month has reduced any discolouration around my nose and helps to deal with any skin irritations brought up from the cold.

L'Occitane Dry Skin Shea Butter Hand Cream - £8

This was a fairly new acquisition as I've never really used hand cream regularly, but as the weather got colder I picked this up as there was so much buzz around it - and frankly it was getting a bit embarrassing pulling out my mini REN Rose Otto Lotion whilst on the Tube. This has a luxurious feel to is as the thrick formula is instantly hydrating, leaving your hands moisturised for a few hours. Definitely one for the times when you need a quick pick-me-up as the smell is divine.

Bath and Bodyworks Anti-Bacterial Hand Gel in Linen

Unfortunately, I'm not sure if you can get this scent anymore, as Bath and Bodyworks are located in the US and Canada. I can only link here where they sell a few seasonal Favourites, including Warm Vanilla Sugar which I also own and love. Back to Linen, this is such a clean, homey scent and is good when you're rushing around on public transport or maybe after blowing your nose. The gel also contains Tahitian Palm Milk so it's not as drying as other alcohol based hand gels are. So if you're within reach of a Bath and Bodyworks store, give this a sniff as it's a clean favourite (sorry) from me.

 

Nuxe Reve de Miel Lip Balm - £10

Yup, everyone raves about this, but for good reason. At first, I was skeptical and only got the £5 stick version, which needs warming up and breaking into before it can be on par with the tub version. I lost the chapstick, and I couln't go one week without cracking and getting the 15ml tub. The formula is extra nourishing and smells of milk and honey. Horrible cracked lips, begone! I was at the stage of the cold where Carmex is as useful as water, but the Nuxe lipbalm is longlasting and also helps to get rid of any dead skin. It may not be best under lipstick, but the heavy luxe packaging and thick hydrating texture more than makes up for it.

Benefit Sun Beam - £18.50

On sick days, your skin tends to look a bit dull and lifeless and this highlighter tends to be the solution when I don't want to look like I tried too hard. Yes, Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Topaz is still my favourite, maybe I'll do a side by side comparison someday. The thing is, the shade Topaz is too dark and bronzey for winter and Sun Beam offers a good compromise. I tend to use it on the tops of cheeks and over my dark circles, so the light reflective particles can give my face a subtle lift whilst hiding the lack of sleep and pale skin.

So those are my necessities for many sick days this month! Just so you know, I have changed my URL from ohsofrivolous.blogspot.com to makeuptobreakupblog.blogspot.com, just because there's no point having your own personal space on the web if it doesn't represent who you are. I hope to show more of my personality on here and I'm genuinely excited about the next post! Take care xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment