Saturday 3 November 2012

Portable Skincare 1: Cleansers


Since moving home, I have gotten into a routine of packing an overnight bag and staying with the bf twice a month. This is where I tend to dig out my samples and firm favourites in an attempt to save space. Most of it (along with my toothbrush) fits into this little Nick Lowe case which was originally part of the Blemish Starter Pack, a steal for a fiver at TK Maxx (More on bargains at TK Maxx at a later post).  Can you recognise any gems in there?


This four- part series will go through what I take with me on a regular basis, as well as some space-saving tips to cram in extras for any skin issues that can crop up. As the title suggests, the first will be on cleansers - yes, plural. Being stressed out, living in an unfamiliar environment, or any changes in diet can cause the skin's condition to change and like a good boy scout, you should always be prepared!


If you've read my first empties post, the L'Occitane Angelica Oil Cleanser will come as no surprise. It brightens the skin whilst having a healing effect on any irritated areas or blemishes. I sometimes get weird skin reactions when travelling and this helps significantly to calm them down. The peppermint and bark oils give it an inoffensive earthy scent which I really like and as the Travel size is highly reduced at £4 online, I will probably order another bottle before they all disappear.

The Murad Essential C-Cleanser is another gel based cleanser based on brightening the skin, but has more citric oils in the formula and works best on oily skin. I got this as a freebie in Marie Claire's September issue when my skin was less dry. It worked a treat for hydrating the skin and giving it a glow without leaving it feeling greasy. In the colder months however, it does tend to strip my skin of moisture (think grapefruit juice dry), so I gravitate more towards the L'Occitane one. It is also more expensive at £36 for 200ml, and as you need a big blob of product for your face, it will probably run out fairly quickly. If you missed out in September, you can get 45ml of product for £10 on Murad's website if you fancy giving it a go and if it happens to be in stock.

Next up will be my choice of eyecreams - again plural. However this may change as I've managed to get hold of some Strivectin SD Eye Concentrate at a reasonable price. Having heard Ruth from A Model Recommends constantly sing its praises I want to see if it'll do anything to help with the lines under my eyes.  Can you guess where I got it from?     

No comments:

Post a Comment