Wednesday 28 November 2012

Portable Skincare 2: Eyecreams

Hello guys! Here's installment number two of my travel skincare routine. I haven't managed to finish even one eyecream yet, so unfortunately the Strivectin set remains untouched. Some may wonder why it is effectively necessary to have three of these on rotation. Some call it obsessive, but I call it a working skincare wardrobe.

L-R: Balance Me Wonder Eye Cream, Clinique Repairwear Laser Focus, REN Active 7 Radiant Eye Gel
Just for reference, these are all past magazine samples, but some have been quite generous in terms of size and I will be looking to repurchase at least one of these when these are finished.

Balance Me Wonder Eye Cream -  £20 full size

If I had to pick only one, this would be the main contender. The Balance Me Wonder Eye Cream is good for night time as its creamy formula sinks in effortlessly and only a small amount is needed. This gets an outing if my eyes are tired, irritated or just needs a pick me up. Having used this since June, my dark circles have significantly reduced but the fine lines still haven't shifted (apart from a laughter line above my nose which has been smoothed). The 7ml Glamour sample is still going strong, but I fully intend to purchase the full size afterwards because it's just THAT good.

Clinique Repairwear Laser Focus - £39.50 full size

This is my go to for smoothing wrinkles despite it being officially marketed as a face serum. Apart from the aforementioned laughter line at the top of my nose I only have wrinkles under my eyes, so those are the only areas I can use this. After application, fine lines appear softened, but in terms of long-term use, the lines under my eyes haven't faded at all. It contains the wonder ingredient of the month, hyaluronic acid, and claims to tighten pores, help reverse UV damage and fade dark spots, so it is a good multi-tasker to have in my travel kit. But all this aside, with no permanent results this is quite average as its gel-like consistency doesn't sink well into the skin. The formula also contains a retinol compound which makes the formula drying and potentially irritable to those with sensitive skins. I'll report back when I try the Strivectin, but this only serves as a temporary measure.

REN Active 7 Radiant Eye Gel - £20 full size     

A tingly treatment for puffy eyes, this REN eye gel is perfect for reducing any eyebags in the morning. It gives a cooling sensation when applied and is very effective in smoothing the area around the eye also. This gel can be hydrating when the right amount is used, as the formula absorbs well into the skin. The radiant part of the product is down to REN's natural ingredients which also in this case contains hyaluronic acid. This also helps to reduce the appearance of dark rings around my eyes if I apply it where the tops of my cheekbone meets the beginning of my eye socket. Not a lot is needed and this 3ml sample has been used every morning for at least 4 months. The full size packaging has a pump and the only gripe I have of repurcasing is that many have complained of wasting too much product.   


So that's all my travel picks, I wouldn't recommend the Clinique one but I just feel the need to use it up rather that throw it away. Please remmber that everyone's skin is different and my bad experiences shouldn't put you off something you already love. Next post in the series is face creams and moisturisers, so let me know if any favourites in the series so far have made the cut!

No comments:

Post a Comment