Wednesday 19 March 2014

The Perfect Pair: Perfume

This will be the first post in a series called The Perfect Pair. No innuendo here, I just like how combining things can leave you with a better result than you anticipated, whether that's mixing different foundations together to create a different formula or simply layering on the skincare. This week, it's perfume and I do have an odd pairing that just seems to effortlessly work for transitioning from day to night.



Here we have Dahlia Noir by Givenchy and the well known Thierry Mugler fragrance Angel. For daytime, Dahlia Noir is the perfect rose scent - feminine and mysterious. The sandalwood and pink pepper notes are more apparent on me, so I like that it's not overtly sensual or overpowering.

Angel, however, is an entirely different story. The combination of rich chocolate with floral undertones is androgynous and intense. I picked up a refillable sample of the EDP at Boots and I only have to dab a few drops on the pulse points for a complex sensual scent. Love it or hate it, this is a fragrance of contradiction.

Together, this works well for nights out as Angel gives a masculine edge to the rosiness of Dahlia Noir without losing any sweetness. On me, the richer tones give way to a gentler floral vanilla scent over time. Working at a fragrance counter over Christmas made me crave so many perfumes, but layering two favourites is a good way to create your own signature scent.

Are there any tried and tested perfume combos that you like?

No comments:

Post a Comment