Sunday 13 April 2014

Organix Awapuhi Ginger Shampoo Review

For anyone who has read my high praise for Ojon Damage Reverse hair products and balked at the high price, I've managed to find an alternative that is kinder to your hair and your purse strings! The Organix Awapuhi Ginger range is free of parabens and sulphates, and is currently on a 2 for £10 offer at Waitrose. Normally the shampoo retails at £6.99 for 385ml, which is better value for money than spending around £20 for 250ml of product.  



Awapuhi Ginger extract and keratin protein acts to revive and strengthen the hair, according to the blurb on the front of the packaging. Yet, other natural inclusions like cocoa seed butter, avocado oil and aloe leaf juice also help to tame the frizz and came as a welcome surprise when reading the ingredients list.  

Over the last few months, I've been using this in various combinations and it works so beautifully with the Philip Kingsley Elasticizer as a pre-wash treatment that I could skip conditioner if I'm really pushed for time. This formula is really nourishing to my thick hair with minimal tangles left behind when drying. Unlike other sulphate free shampoos I've tried, this one really foams. After 2 months, I have noticed a lot less breakage and my hair is much healthier with a noticeable shine. If you have dry, coarse hair like me this has to be on your 'to try' list.

I'm considering the idea of doing a wash day diary once a month, so you can see what products I use on a regular basis more quickly (I'd been using this shampoo since Christmas and it's only made an appearance now). In fairness, once I find something that works well it rarely changes, but I thought it would be nice to take you with me on my hair journey. Let me know what you think.

Candice x

No comments:

Post a Comment