Sunday 11 May 2014

The Perfect Pair: Toners

It is fair to say that I am a complete skincare junkie, so I am having a bit of a quiet patch on the blog while I test out a few skincare bits. I rarely ever get an instant result after using something new; the gratification always comes as a bit of a surprise but with these two the difference was clear after around two weeks.

Clarins Gentle Exfoliator and Jurlique Rosewater Balancing Mist


Chemical exfoliators have become ever popular and the one I've been using for the last few months is the Clarins Exfoliating Toner. Containing glycolic and salicylic acid, this product is gentle enough to use around the eyes yet effective enough to slough away dead skin cells and improve the texture of your skin. It has helped enormously with fading away stubborn scars and cystic spots over time. For someone who is scared of overdoing it, this has become a permanent addition to my daily routine.

To balance the skin's pH, a liberal spritz of the Jurlique Rosewater Balancing Mist soon follows. It is, in my opinion, highly fragranced yet not as drying as other spray toners can be. I adore the heady rose scent and the inclusion of marshmallow and aloe helps to calm the skin. It also comes in handy when I need a pick-me-up during the day or my makeup needs a bit of a refresh with a sponge. Despite containing alcohol, this spray is hydrating and delivers a cooling effect to irritated skin.

These toners work wonderfully together, as I find my skin to be a lot smoother with this combination. I did enjoy using the Antipodes Resurrection Toner, but since I bought it my skin type has become drier and these options are a much better fit for me.

What toner combination do you use?

No comments:

Post a Comment