Monday 30 July 2012

NOTD- Nails Inc's Bluebell


Have you ever been against the idea that absolutely any colour can be worn on the nails? I used to reject this theory, only wearing black, purples and dark greens as I knew they worked well for me.  After slowly coming round to the effect of neon orange on my nails earlier this year, I'm trying to buck the trend - albeit with little baby steps. Throughout spring and summer I've been tempted by pastel blue shades that I feel are far too stark to work for my skintone (Topshop's Pool Party and Essie's Absolutely Shore spring to mind). Luckily, I managed to get my perfect blue shade thanks to a freebie in June's Instyle magazine.



Nails Inc's Bluebell is a tad purple toned, but still looks bright enough on its own to be considered a true blue pastel shade.  To get the purple to show up more, I layered the polish on top of Essie's Chinchilly, which despite its hyped status, is itching to get more use as it looks extremely muddy next to my golden toned skin. I always use Sally Hansen's Double Duty as base and top coat as it makes my polish super durable, sometimes lasting a whole week without chipping! This has been one of my favourite nail colours this summer and I think I've found the perfect combination for a low maintenance girl like me.

I always recommend Nails Inc polishes as they are long lasting and I have always been impressed by their formulas. What are your manicure must haves? Have you been making the most of the magazine freebies this season?

No comments:

Post a Comment